Band of brothers ACE part 2






Personally, after watching all 10 episodes of band of brother I really don’t feel that band of brothers romanticize the story of E company and I feel that it is more like a dramatic documentary to show the audience the truth about the war, what the real war is like, what are the effects of war on different people. I feel that all the 10 episodes of band of brothers have something in common which is the development of emotion of the soldiers, Band of brothers puts in a lots of effort in provoking the audience’s sympathy and effectively showed us how different type of people feels during the war through the main character captain Winters, we understand how war can really “breaks” a man both mentally and physically and how cheap a guy’s life is during war, we saw those soldiers weeping and moaning in their trench, and we understand that the soldiers are all the same, no matter the axis’s side or the allied’s side they all are being forced to come to war, they all have family, friends, loved ones, and taking a life of an enemy is no difference as your mate got killed. There is no really good or bad and the soldiers are forced to kill others for the sake of their own survival. Band of brothers really evokes the audience’s emotion and letting them understand about the cruelty of war and the hardship soldiers have to face, the good and bad side of humans. For example, in episode 5 38th minute, it is a recall of captain Winters, it is about him running on the field and suddenly run into an young German soldier, both of them stared at each other for quite a while before Winters fired 3 shots at the young boy and killed him. And Winter still feels guilty about it today. This shows us how cruel war has to be, you have to kill the others in order to survive even though the German soldier is just a kid. That short scene shows Winter’s hesitation and his battle of emotion. Also stir up the audience’s emotion to feel sympathy for the German soldier. Another example is episode 9 when the soldiers of E company found a Nazi concentration camp and rescued the prisoners there we can really see the hardship and fear they had faced through their appearance and action and when I was watching it, I really asked myself why it have to be those Jews who did nothing wrong but yet suffer so much from war why must the Nazi kill them and cause them so much pain and sorrow.

In conclusion I feel that the band of brothers is not a romanticized story of WW2 and I feel that it is really an awesome drama and everyone who is interested in the real war should go and watch it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Jap Travel Post, Kinkakuji

List of headphones I owned (chronological order)

Jap Travel Post, Fushimi Inari Taisha